To showcase the very best of the Gator Nation, from the smallest moments to the biggest personalities.
Think about it as a telethon for the 21st century. Over a 24-hour period on Feb. 18 we want to stream your best short- and long-format content, punctuated at intervals with cheers, messages of support, challenges and the like, along with running totals, leader boards and messages from social media.
We’ll send this stream out on multiple video-streaming platforms, social media and even provide the links to embed on your Website or display on the digital signage in your area.
What we need from you: Your video!
- Existing content of any length! (Native files please, tips on showing and instructions for uploading below)
- New content. This can be anything from an inspiring story you’ve been dying to tell to a simple shot of a picturesque spot on campus (think https://window-swap.com/)
- Message from your VIGs. This can be your deans and directors, your notable alums and donors.
Encourage your VIGs to record themselves. We’re crafting an organic vibe with this effort — everyone pitching in from wherever they are — so, while we would still like to place an emphasis on audio that is clear, video that is well lit and HD files, we don’t need to worry so much about more professional standards of production for this. Video shot on a phone or computer is perfectly fine!
Ask them to do the following:
- Take a couple of deep breaths between each take so we have room to edit.
- Do the stand up and holler cheer. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflfcfbXIC8)
- Share a personal story about their experience with or at UF.
- Talk about why they gave and encourage others to do the same.
- Have fun! Be a cheerleader and encourage other Gators to give.
- Record themselves offering some encouragement around milestones for the day. (We may use these in a mashup with other VIGs.) A few examples, but they should feel free to get creative:
- Great start, Gators! Let’s stand up and holler today!
- Half way there, guys! We can do this!!
- C’mon, Gators! We’re almost there!
- We did it, Gators! Congratulations!!
- Announce a challenge gift in your area and encourage participation in progress toward your college/ unit goal
More examples of messaging can be found here: https://www.uff.ufl.edu/toolkit/givingday/social/
Remember, have fun, get creative if you want, and make it your own!
Contact David Houder, Executive Director, Creative Services, UF Advancement – email@example.com