Acknowledging Giving Day Donors
We want to ensure that those that gave during Stand Up & Holler: Gator Nation Giving Day are specially thanked. Here are some tips when writing your college/unit acknowledgement:
- Be sure to use the donor’s preferred name or salutation, found in Advance
- Do not include the dollar amount of their gift
- Remember to specifically thank the donor for making a gift on Giving Day
- Consider customizing your letter based on the donor type: faculty/staff vs. alumni/friends
- Include designation type or fund name, i.e.Scholarship, programmatic, faculty
- Acknowledge certain gifts with more customization, i.e. gifts-in-kind, pledge payments, deferred gifts, etc.
- Keep it short and sweet, two to three brief paragraphs are recommended
- Mail acknowledgement within one week of receiving the Gift Report
The example below is meant only as a guide. Remember to personalize and add your college’s own unique voice to your acknowledgement letter.
Thank you for your cheer-worthy show of kindness on UF’s annual Gator Nation Giving Day! Through your gift to support [DESIGNATION] at the [College/Unit], you are [provide details on impact. Ex. Helping to ensure our students have the resources to thrive, providing critical funds to ensure our programs, faculty and students continue to flourish,]. Because of you and others who chose to stand up for [DESIGNATION] on that special day, we will continue to [describe impact of gifts].
Again, thank you. From everyone here at the [College/Unit], we appreciate you!
cc: Relationship Manager or other key party