Acknowledging Giving Day Donors
We want to ensure that those that gave during Stand Up & Holler: Gator Nation Giving Day are specially thanked. Here are some tips when writing your college/unit acknowledgement:
- Be sure to use the donor’s preferred name or salutation, found in Advance
- Do not include the dollar amount of their gift
- Remember to specifically thank the donor for making a gift on Giving Day
- Consider customizing your letter based on the donor type: faculty/staff vs. alumni/friends
- Include designation type or fund name, i.e.Scholarship, programmatic, faculty
- Acknowledge certain gifts with more customization, i.e. gifts-in-kind, pledge payments, deferred gifts, etc.
- Keep it short and sweet, two to three brief paragraphs are recommended
- Mail or email acknowledgement within one week of receiving the Gift Report
The example below is meant only as a guide. Remember to personalize and add your college’s own unique voice to your acknowledgement letter.
Thank you for your support during UF’sfourth annual Gator Nation Giving Day. We heard your holler loud and clear here at [THE COLLEGE/UNIT], and we are so grateful!Through your gift to support [DESIGNATION], you are [DESCRIBE IMPACT: helping to ensure our students have the resources to succeed, providing critical funds to ensure our programs, faculty and students continue to flourish, etc.].
Again, thank you for your generosityand for being All for the Gators!
cc: Relationship Manager or other key party