Robinson Family Endowment
G. W. Robinson
This fund was established in 2009 by G. W. Robinson to support teaching, research and academic programs at the College of Design, Construction and Planning.
A Gainesville-native, G. W. Robinson is one of Alachua County’s most respected homebuilders. He began his career in 1955 as the owner of an independent grocery store. In 1967, aspirations and dreams of being a homebuilder came to fruition when he built his first home. From that modest beginning, his construction projects have grown considerably. Among the communities his company has designed and built are: Gainesville County Club West; Chateau Forest; Green Briar; Summit Oaks; Sterling Place; RobinLane; Heatherwood; CobbleField, a green home community of 275 homes; and Mile Run with 544 homes. G. W. Robinson Homes is currently building high-performance homes in two new communities: Turnberry Lake and Garison Way.
G. W. is the owner and Chief Operating officer of G. W. Robinson Homes. He is a member of the Builders Association of North Central Florida, the Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce and the Council for Economic Outreach. He is a member of the board of directors of Mercantile Bank and has been recognized a pioneer in the construction of high-performance, energy-efficient homes by the U. S. Department of Energy.
Other College of Design, Construction & Planning Giving Opportunities
Balfour Beatty Construction Scholarship Endowment
TEI Excellence Fund
Ph.D. Program Fund