Neurology Residents Fund
This is a general fund supporting the Neurology residency program and is administered by the Chair of the Department. The goal of the Neurology Residency Training Program is to prepare residents for the independent practice of clinical neurology. This objective is achieved through exposure to a wide variety of clinical situations including in-patients, out-patients, adults and children, first with the close guidance of senior residents and faculty, and then, as residents demonstrate increasing competency, with lesser intensity of supervision.
The mission of these funds is to promote resident scholarly activity and professional development. Examples include:
- Supporting resident travel to academic conferences, in particular, to be able to send all PGY4s to the AAN annual meeting each year, as well as each resident with an accepted abstract to the conference of their choice.
- Assisting with resident publication fees for accepted papers
- Purchasing group educational software for residency use
- Offsetting a portion of the cost of the ABPN board registration for PGY4 residents
- Other local initiatives for innovations in residency education
Gifts can be made via credit card, check, transfers of stock, real estate, or planned gifts such as wills, trusts, and annuities. For information about the fund, please contact Stephen Figueroa in the College of Medicine, at 352-273-5882 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tax-deductible contributions can be mailed to PO Box 100243, Gainesville, FL 32610 (checks made payable to the UF Foundation with “Neurology Residency” on the memo line).
Other College of Medicine - Gainesville Giving Opportunities
Deb Ridel Fund for Excellence in MSA Research
Phyllis Kottler Friedman Professorship
Jacqueline Emma Breast Cancer Research Fund