Gerold L. Schiebler, M.D. and Audrey Lincourt Schiebler Children’s Advocacy Fellowship in Pediatrics
Gerold L. Schiebler, M.D. and Audrey Lincourt Schiebler
This fund established in 2000, honors two strong advocates for Florida’s children, Gerold L. Schiebler, M.D., and his late wife, Mrs. Audrey Lincourt Schiebler. It supports medical students preparing for a career in pediatrics.
Dr. Schiebler is a Professor Emeritus and a Distinguished Service professor of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Florida. Born in 1928 to German immigrant parents, Dr. Schiebler was raised in Hamburg, PA. He graduated from Harvard Medical School in 1954 and joined the UF Department of Pediatrics faculty in 1960, becoming the first pediatric cardiologist in North Florida. In 1968, Dr. Schiebler was named Chairman of the UF Department of Pediatrics. He became the Associate Vice President for Health Affairs for External Relations in 1985.
Dr. Schiebler helped found the division of Children’s Medical Services within the State’s Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services, and established specialized medical services at the UF Health Center for women undergoing high-risk pregnancies.
Mrs. Schiebler was born in Newport, RI, and graduated from of the Newport Hospital School of Nursing. After moving to Gainesville in 1960, Mrs. Schiebler became a distinguished volunteer of Florida. She served as President of the University of Florida Medical Guild, Medical Auxiliary and Junior League of Gainesville. For 20 years, she acted as the Vice Chair of The Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida. From 1987 to 2000, Mrs. Schiebler worked for the University of Florida’s Institute for Child Health Policy.
Mrs. Schiebler was awarded the Medal of Honor by the Florida Bar Foundation in 1990. She and Dr. Schiebler were married for 61 years and had six children and 17 grandchildren. Mrs. Schiebler passed away in 201
Other College of Medicine - Gainesville Giving Opportunities
nPOD Research Program
Edward R. Woodward Professorship
Consolidated Gifts-Department of Orthopaedic Surgery