Posting: 02/28/2024 - 03/31/2024 • Unit: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
UF Job #: 530375 • UF Title: Executive Director of Advancement • UF Position#: 00030051
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is seeking an Executive Director of Advancement. This position will serve as the unit lead for advancement and is responsible for leading a comprehensive fundraising and engagement program for the college, with the support of the Dean and the Assistant Vice President for Development. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and executing the College’s fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by college and university leadership and in alignment with the strategic initiatives of CLAS and UF Advancement. This role will serve as a strategic partner ensuring conformity with the central fundraising efforts and the university’s development and alumni programs with the goal of promoting a culture of philanthropy by broadening constituents’ understanding of the value of giving. They are responsible for the leadership of a staff of 13 professionals in the CLAS Advancement Office and a fundraising program that has averaged $20M - $30M per year over the past five years.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and ten years of experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 8 - 10 years of progressively responsible leadership experience in development with a demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in a large-scale university or one of similar complexity.
- 3+ years’ experience leading a high-performing team of 3+, including prior management of development officers. Track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining a high-caliber staff, building a team, and creatively organizing and managing them to maximize the support of external constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and operational skills; confidence and independence in exercising leadership skills and representing the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences to external constituents.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement a department's annual strategic development plan.
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to support College of Liberal Arts and Sciences’ mission, particularly in managing the responsibilities of the department, including strategic and operational planning at the department level, as well as establishing metrics and processes to monitor and evaluate operational performance outcomes and implement performance improvement initiatives when required.
- A strong understanding of budgeting practices and financial accountability and the ability to manage resources with prudence and efficiency.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the college.
- Experience engaging, training, motivating, and staffing volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation, and closing of significant gifts; appreciation for the role of volunteers in building an effective development network.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest standards of ethics as accepted by the professional fundraising community.
- Ability to be an outstanding communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; proven success working with stakeholders; excellent strategic planning and project management skills; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence, and motivate others are crucial.
- Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail.
- Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management, and tracking system.
- The ability and willingness to travel.
Posting: 02/19/2024 - 03/04/2024 • Unit: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
UF Job #: 530393 • UF Title: Assistant Director of Annual Giving & Engagement • UF Position#: 00028884
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is seeking an Assistant Director. This position will execute annual giving strategies and tactics to create meaningful experiences for alumni and friends of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, with the goal of driving engagement. This includes but is not limited to annual giving appeals, UF Giving Day, and special campaigns using multiple communication channels. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Engagement, this position will manage the college’s relationship with the UF Annual Giving program and effectively and efficiently leverage data and technology to drive decision-making and strategy. Additionally, the Assistant Director will develop a variety of targeted communications that build and engage alumni communities, which requires an individual with a unique blend of communications expertise, abilities to manage projects and relationships with diverse stakeholders, and a passion for alumni engagement.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- One to three years of annual giving, membership, direct marketing, or digital advertising experience.
- Prior experience developing and implementing special campaigns, including social media and email marketing.
- Experience with InDesign or similar design programs.
- Ability to be an outstanding communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Knowledge of annual giving within philanthropy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Proven project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Competency in problem-solving.
- Outstanding customer service skills and cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with external and internal constituents.
- Ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information and metrics into decision making.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms, proven success working with stakeholders, project management skills, experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence, and motivate others are essential.
- Strive to create an inclusive and accessible environment for all and promote and sustain diversity in the workplace in all its forms.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Technology savvy.
- Fluency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, internet browsers, and E-mail. Familiarity with email software, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Posting: 02/19/2024 - 03/17/2024 • Unit: College of the Arts
UF Job #: 530347 • UF Title: Development Assistant • UF Position#: 00005737
The Advancement Office in the College of the Arts seeks a Development Assistant to execute administrative operations for the office, as well as manage projects and implement strategic initiatives; providing direct support to the Senior Director of Development, general administrative support for College’s Advancement Office, and support for special events, meetings, and fundraising campaigns, as well as act as backup as needed for strategic initiatives work.
The University of Florida College of the Arts intends to be a transformative community, responding to and generating foundational shifts in the arts and beyond. As business and academic professionals, artists, scholars, advisors, and teachers, we, the staff of the College, embrace the complexity of our evolving human experience and seek to empower our colleagues, students, and faculty to respond to and shape that experience fearlessly through critical thinking, creativity, constructive questioning, and respectful dialogue. We seek a colleague who engages with openness and enthusiasm for the work and the mission of the college. We seek a colleague who possesses skills in designing and facilitating work that advances curiosity, inclusion, open intellectual discourse, and the well-being of all in an environment of complex diversity. We seek a colleague who identifies as a trusted steward of resources, balancing institutional requirements and the demand for innovative solutions.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty, seeking faculty of all races, ethnicities, genders, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In order of importance to the position
- Evidence of skill in designing and facilitating work that advances curiosity, inclusion, open intellectual discourse, and the well-being of all in an environment of complex diversities.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to shift tasks to meet urgent deadlines.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a service-oriented, highly professional attitude and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills
- Evidence of success proactively communicating with team members effectively.
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Proven success working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with and skills in project management including the ability to develop realistic timelines for project completion, with clear benchmarks.
- Experience in a data-driven environment
- Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
Posting: 02/28/2024 - 03/17/2024 • Unit: Strategic Communications, Marketing & Engagement
UF Job #: 530514 • UF Title: Content Editor & Writer • UF Position#: 00032430
The Content Editor and Writer is responsible for planning and producing development-related strategic communications on behalf of UF Advancement and in support of its individual departments. Reporting to the Senior Director of Advancement Communications, the Content Editor & Writer will play a lead role in reporting and writing feature stories for UF Advancement print and digital channels and developing collateral supporting strategic fundraising initiatives. This role will further serve as a contact for internal and external service partners and will edit the content of other members of the Advancement Communications team, under the direction of the Senior Director.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area; or an associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization such as journalism, public relations or communications
- Writing experience, preferably as a reporter or editor at a newspaper, magazine or broadcast media outlet
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated writing abilities for multiple styles and platforms.
- Should possess a proficiency in communicating effectively with diverse audiences in conversations and through writing. Knowledge of advancement philosophy and practices; higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and problem-solve, using research and analytical skills to develop and implement creative solutions.
- Skill requiring judgment to take initiative, accurately establish priorities, complete complex assignments in a timely manner, and adapt quickly to changing needs and in dealing with conflicting challenges.
- Working knowledge of office computing as well as internet browsers and various Internet tools. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
- Experience working in a team atmosphere and ability to understand and translate institutional policies/objectives into persuasive communications preferred with the ability to work with other communication professionals across campus.
- Proven success in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, adapting quickly to changing priorities, while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Commitment to excellence and customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision.
For additional information on any position, contact Kalliope King, Assistant Director of Talent Acquisition at:
PO Box 14425
Gainesville, FL 32603-2425
Phone: (352) 846-3627
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for any position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).