Posting: 02/19/2024 - 03/04/2024 • Unit: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
UF Job #: 530393 • UF Title: Assistant Director of Annual Giving & Engagement • UF Position#: 00028884
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is seeking an Assistant Director. This position will execute annual giving strategies and tactics to create meaningful experiences for alumni and friends of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, with the goal of driving engagement. This includes but is not limited to annual giving appeals, UF Giving Day, and special campaigns using multiple communication channels. Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Engagement, this position will manage the college’s relationship with the UF Annual Giving program and effectively and efficiently leverage data and technology to drive decision-making and strategy. Additionally, the Assistant Director will develop a variety of targeted communications that build and engage alumni communities, which requires an individual with a unique blend of communications expertise, abilities to manage projects and relationships with diverse stakeholders, and a passion for alumni engagement.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- One to three years of annual giving, membership, direct marketing, or digital advertising experience.
- Prior experience developing and implementing special campaigns, including social media and email marketing.
- Experience with InDesign or similar design programs.
- Ability to be an outstanding communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Knowledge of annual giving within philanthropy.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Proven project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Competency in problem-solving.
- Outstanding customer service skills and cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with external and internal constituents.
- Ability to incorporate both quantitative and qualitative information and metrics into decision making.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms, proven success working with stakeholders, project management skills, experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence, and motivate others are essential.
- Strive to create an inclusive and accessible environment for all and promote and sustain diversity in the workplace in all its forms.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Technology savvy.
- Fluency in Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, internet browsers, and E-mail. Familiarity with email software, preferably Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Posting: 02/19/2024 - 03/17/2024 • Unit: College of the Arts
UF Job #: 530347 • UF Title: Development Assistant • UF Position#: 00005737
The Advancement Office in the College of the Arts seeks a Development Assistant to execute administrative operations for the office, as well as manage projects and implement strategic initiatives; providing direct support to the Senior Director of Development, general administrative support for College’s Advancement Office, and support for special events, meetings, and fundraising campaigns, as well as act as backup as needed for strategic initiatives work.
The University of Florida College of the Arts intends to be a transformative community, responding to and generating foundational shifts in the arts and beyond. As business and academic professionals, artists, scholars, advisors, and teachers, we, the staff of the College, embrace the complexity of our evolving human experience and seek to empower our colleagues, students, and faculty to respond to and shape that experience fearlessly through critical thinking, creativity, constructive questioning, and respectful dialogue. We seek a colleague who engages with openness and enthusiasm for the work and the mission of the college. We seek a colleague who possesses skills in designing and facilitating work that advances curiosity, inclusion, open intellectual discourse, and the well-being of all in an environment of complex diversity. We seek a colleague who identifies as a trusted steward of resources, balancing institutional requirements and the demand for innovative solutions.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty, seeking faculty of all races, ethnicities, genders, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In order of importance to the position
- Evidence of skill in designing and facilitating work that advances curiosity, inclusion, open intellectual discourse, and the well-being of all in an environment of complex diversities.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to shift tasks to meet urgent deadlines.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a service-oriented, highly professional attitude and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills
- Evidence of success proactively communicating with team members effectively.
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Proven success working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience with and skills in project management including the ability to develop realistic timelines for project completion, with clear benchmarks.
- Experience in a data-driven environment
- Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
For additional information on any position, contact Sonya Allen, Interim Senior Director of Talent Management at:
PO Box 14425
Gainesville, FL 32603-2425
Phone: (352) 846-1128
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for any position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).