Posting: 12/01/2023 - 01/07/2024 • Unit: Levin College of Law
UF Job #: 529545 • UF Title: Assistant Director of Development • UF Position#: 00031310
The Assistant Director of Development at Levin College of Law reports to the Director of Development who reports to the Senior Director of Development & Alumni Affairs. All three work in conjunction with UF Law team members and colleagues at the UF Foundation to solicit financial resources that advance the strategic goals of the College of Law. The Assistant Director will manage a robust prospect portfolio and conduct a broad range of fundraising and donor stewardship activities targeting small and mid-level gifts that support student scholarships, faculty roles, and cutting-edge programming at the law school.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
Preferred qualifications: A bachelor’s degree and 3+ years related professional experience in a higher education or non-profit setting. The ideal candidate will possess:
• Evidence of strategic thinking and problem-solving competencies;
• Highly developed organizational skills and evidence of superior project management abilities;
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
• The ability to work both independently without constant supervision as well as collaboratively with others as part of a team.
Posting: 12/01/2023 - 01/01/2024 • Unit: UF Performing Arts
UF Job #: 528875 • UF Title: Associate Director of Development • UF Position#: 00031530
This position falls within the employment team of University of Florida Performing Arts. UFPA and University of Florida affirm inclusivity, accessibility, diversity, and equity as essential to a vital, thriving program within UF and its communities. The Director of Advancement will serve as the chief fundraiser for University of Florida Performing Arts (UFPA) and will provide strategic direction for a comprehensive fundraising program in partnership with the Director of UFPA and the Assistant Vice President of Development. The incumbent will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major and principal gift level individuals, corporations and foundations as well as Endowment development, annual giving, planned giving, corporate sponsors, and special events. The Director of Advancement will serve on the senior leadership team of UFPA as well as a manager and mentor for the development team.
Minimum Requirements: A master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in Development or a related field; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of experience in Development or a related field.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Three to five years of progressively responsible leadership experience in development with a demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in a university and/or performing arts center.
- Track record of developing, and retaining a high caliber staff, building a team, and creatively organizing and managing them to maximize the support of external constituencies.
- Excellent organizational and operational skills; confidence and independence in exercising leadership skills and in representing to external constituents.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement an annual strategic development plan.
For additional information on any position, contact Sonya Allen, Interim Senior Director of Talent Management at:
PO Box 14425
Gainesville, FL 32603-2425
Phone: (352) 846-1128
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for any position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).