Posting: 09/13/2023 - 10/10/2023 • Unit: Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering
UF Job #: 526252 • UF Title: Director of Development • UF Position#:
The Director of Development is responsible for implementing a broad range of fundraising activities for the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering, focused primarily on acquiring major gifts for the Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering (ISE) and the Department of Chemical Engineering (CHE). Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, ECE/CISE, this position is responsible for developing and executing the college’s fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs in alignment with the strategic initiatives of University of Florida Advancement.
Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in appropriate area of specialization and three years of appropriate experience in Development or a related field; or a bachelor's degree in appropriate areas of specialization and five years of experience in Development or a related field.
Preferred qualifications: The ideal candidate will posess:
- Three to five years of major gift fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $100,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience.
- Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm for fundraising in a comprehensive research university, and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
Posting: 09/08/2023 - 10/08/2023 • Unit: Donor Relations
UF Job #: 528266 • UF Title: Assistant Director of Donor Engagement • UF Position#: 00031975
The Assistant Director of Donor Engagement is a highly visible and responsible position that provides communication and project management support to various members of the Donor Relations team and represents the office to a diverse constituency. Reporting to the Director of Donor Engagement, the incumbent will provide substantial support to acknowledge and thank donors in a timely, meaningful and personal manner.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Prior experience in development, fundraising, alumni relations or Higher Education.
- Strong business acumen.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse constituencies, meet deadlines, possess problem-solving capabilities be self-motivated, and work independently.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and utilize innovative materials and resources in support of donor relations.
- Demonstrated project management experience in a multi-operational and multi-disciplinary environment.
Posting: 09/22/2023 - 10/05/2023 • Unit: UF Health Science Center
UF Job #: 528660 • UF Title: Communications Specialist • UF Position#: 00036338
The Development Communications Specialist will serve as an integral member of the University of Florida (UF) Health Science Center (HSC) focusing on content in support of fundraising goals, such as annual fund appeals, alumni solicitations, philanthropy newsletter content that includes patient stories or human-interest features, email and social media campaigns, special events, and other fundraising initiatives. Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications for UF Health Advancement, this position will work closely and in collaboration with the UF Health Communications and UF Advancement’s Strategic Communications, Marketing & Engagement and Donor Relations teams responsible for creating campaign communications materials. The incumbent builds and implements enduring relationships between the UF HSC and its donors by recognizing, encouraging, and rewarding ongoing and increased levels of support following industry standards and best practices.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Five years or more of academic health science center development experience in the communications field preferred.
- Excellent technical, persuasive writing and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated journalistic writing abilities and professional publications or editorial experience preferred.
- Demonstrated an understanding of fundraising in a healthcare environment.
- Must possess a proficiency in communicating effectively with diverse audiences in conversations and through documents.
- Must be an outstanding communicator and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; and the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
For additional information on any position, contact Sonya Allen, Interim Senior Director of Talent Management at:
PO Box 14425
Gainesville, FL 32603-2425
Phone: (352) 846-1128
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for any position, please call (352) 392-2HRS or the Florida Relay System at (800) 955-8771 (TDD).