The UF Foundation Board brings together thought leaders and passionate advocates to widen the university’s scope of influence and its transformational impact. Foundation Board members commit to supporting and strengthening the University of Florida by leveraging their influence, expertise and philanthropic investments. UF Advancement staff and Foundation Board members have parallel goals and objectives to advance the university. This partnership provides flexible and resilient leadership that contributes positively to the foundation’s overall impact.
Foundation Board members represent a variety of backgrounds—from business to healthcare to entrepreneurship—and each member brings a unique and valued perspective. Executive Board members serve as fiduciaries, ensuring sound, ethical and legal nonprofit practices and partnering with UF Advancement in organizational goal setting and strategic planning. National Board members serve as institutional ambassadors, proactively promoting the incredible work of the university and encouraging private philanthropic investment. Together, they work as partners in unlocking UF’s highest potential.
The three pillars of board service for all members of the Foundation Board are:
- Advocacy. Serving as university champions, sharing information about UF’s vision, priorities and accomplishments to engage, educate and inspire others.
- Investment. Advancing the university through personal philanthropic investment and rallying participation from others.
- Stewardship. Safeguarding the university’s financial future and reinforcing its reputation and integrity to show donors, prospects and stakeholders that UF is a sound investment.
- June 23, 2023 (Executive Board Virtual Summer Retreat)
- November 2-4, 2023 (Fall Board Weekend, UF vs. Arkansas)
- March 7-9, 2024 (Spring Board Weekend)