Online Giving for the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art
Since the Samuel P. Harn Museum of Art opened in 1990 more than 1,000,000 people have been introduced to the rich cultural histories of Asia, Africa and the Americas through visits to the museum and to the Harn's national travelling exhibitions. Audiences have experienced the abundance of light and color of Monet, the fragile brilliance of Dale Chihuly and the spectacular vividness of Ansel Adams. These opportunities speak to the Harn Museum's commitment to bring world-class art to the southeast region and the nation, enriching our lives and those of generations to come.
Serving the educational needs of the University of Florida is the Harn Museum's first priority. We measure our success in this area by the fact that 60 percent of our annual visitors come from the university setting. The museum's exhibitions, films, performances, lectures, and other programs are a vital part of the educational mission. In addition to being a important enhancement to the cultural life of Florida, these programs attract and delight visitors from around the world. Since opening, the Harn Museum has -
- more than doubled its permanent collection;
- been accredited by the American Association of Museums;
- developed the "Collections Exchange Newsletter," which has accelerated exchanges between museums and was featured in The New York Times;
- conducted hundreds of tours and events for schoolchildren;
- won awards for publications and exhibitions;
- created the Bishop Study Center, an innovative multimedia facility.
While State support of operations has assured the museum's basic strength, private support has fueled its growth and enrichment. In fact, the museum would not exist without the $4 million founding gift that is symbolized in naming the museum for Samuel P. Harn, a longtime Gainesville community leader.
We invite you to extend the public-private partnership that has been vital to the Harn and join us in achieving a new level of excellence in the 21st century.
- Harn Program Endowment Fund (003075)
- Harn Membership (003675)
- Harn Annual Appeal Fund (016131)
- Harn General Program Fund (003073)