Online Giving for the College of Design, Construction, and Planning
The Department of Architecture was founded in 1925, and for the first half of its existence, it was an autonomous unit called "The University of Florida School of Architecture." Over the years, related programs developed separate professional identities: Landscape Architecture (1933), Building Construction (1935), Interior Design (1952), and Urban and Regional Planning (1974).
In 1949 the School of Architecture was renamed "College of Architecture and Allied Arts," and departments of Architecture, Building Construction, Art and Music were included in a single administrative unit. The present identity dates from 1975 when the "College of Architecture and Fine Arts" was split into two separate entities, the "College of Architecture" and "College of Fine Arts." A new dean was appointed in 1976 and the current organization evolved soon afterward.
At present the College is composed of five academic units: Departments of Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, Urban and Regional Planning, and the School of Architecture and the M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Building Construction. With a student body of approximately 1500 people and around 130 faculty members, the college is one of the largest colleges of architecture nationally, and its funded research ranks in the top five.
Click here if you would like information on how to give to the M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Construction Management.