UF Named Facilities
Broward Dining Facility
This facility was named in honor of Annie Douglass Broward, wife of Florida Governor Napoleon Bonaparte Broward who served from 1905 to 1909.Douglass-Broward was a well-known civic leader throughout the state of Florida. She championed civil rights and supported charitable, educational and public welfare programs. As a forward-thinking community activist, she advocated equal rights for women and campaigned for child welfare laws. Her dedication to public issues led her to organize the Florida Parent-Teachers Association, and she served as the founding president of the Jacksonville Women's Club.
Broward Dining Facility, also called the Fresh Food Company, is located next to Broward Hall. Many of the students who live on the west side of campus dine here with their meal plan.
In 2000, the renovation of the Broward Dining Facility was projected to cost $3 million. The 13,000-square-feet facility was completed ahead of schedule and within budget. Broward Dining Facility provides a dining hall with a central concept area and seating for approximately 250. Additionally, a Burger King operates in the northwest corner of the building.
Broward Dining Facility is adjacent to Broward Hall, and is part of the Broward/Rawlings/Yulee Residence Area. It's near an outdoor swimming pool, a series of tennis courts, and a large grassy area dubbed "Broward Beach" where students and residents gather and enjoy soaking up the sun.