UF Named Facilities
From its modest beginnings as a land-grant university with 102 students, the University of Florida has grown to a flourishing internationally recognized institution of higher education. With more than 46,000 students, UF is now one of the five largest universities in the nation and the site of endeavors ranging from cutting edge genetics research, to championship athletics programs, to the synthesis of culture and digital technology.
The University's 2,000-acre campus comprises more than 900 buildings, with more than 30 of these listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Designed in the Collegiate Gothic Style, UF’s campus displays a rich architectural history that dates back to 1905 when Gainesville was selected by the state legislature as the new site for the University of Florida.
The facilities represented within this web site pay tribute to the remarkable array of individuals who are honored by a naming of one of UF’s illustrious buildings or resource facilities. Each individual named has played a key role in UF history by their hallmark leadership and generosity to the University.
For information about this web page, email firstname.lastname@example.org