Senior Associate Vice President - Development - Central
UF Title: SR. ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT
Unit: Development - Central
UF Position#: 00028132
UF Req#: 0903780
Posting: Until Filled
UF's Office of Development and Alumni Affairs seeks an innovative and experienced development professional to serve as the Sr. Associate VP. The incumbent will assume broad authority to manage and shape the university's next comprehensive fundraising campaign.
· Serve as chief advisor to the VP of Development & Alumni Affairs in the development of fund raising strategies to exceed annual fund raising goals.
· Manage portfolio of leadership and principal gift prospects/donors and maintain rigorous personal fundraising agenda.
· Direct the planning and execution of a coordinated fund raising program for high performing teams.
· Provide oversight for key development leaders and all development activities.
· Partner with VP, ODAA in facilitating the creation of fundraising priorities.
· Design and implement the university's next comprehensive fundraising campaign, including the development of the campaign strategic plan.
· Implement accountability measures in alignment with the campaign plan.
· Assist in setting ODAA's fundraising goals and overall vision.
· Build relationships with key university stakeholders to identify institutional priorities.
· Work with administration, faculty and key volunteer groups to disseminate development needs and consolidate development efforts.
· Staff campaign leadership council and conduct meetings with development leadership.
· Work with AVP for Strategic Communications & Marketing to implement a campaign marketing plan to drive communication to various UF staff segments, prospective donors and volunteers.
· Partner with the Sr. AVP for Alumni Affairs to tap into The Gator Nation alumni network to maximize philanthropic opportunities.
· Collaborate with the AVP for Advancement Services for best results in fundraising and planning activities.
· Work closely with AVP for Talent Management to perform organizational structure reviews and optimize talent. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and seven years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and nine years of appropriate experience.
A valid driver's license is required. Preferred qualifications: · 10+ years major gift fund raising experience in institution of higher education.
· 5+ years of senior development leadership, managing large development teams.
· Superior strategic skills with a strong grasp of industry best practices and a holistic understanding of development and campaign management.
· Experience working in a complex environment, with the ability to network throughout the University, serving as a resource and identifying resources.
· Collaborative and collegial orientation, eager to engage a diverse stakeholder base, and ability to build strong professional relationships.
· Record of creative and entrepreneurial management, and a strong commitment to personal and professional development, and the ability to build a strong team.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people. Strong personal integrity and work ethic.
· Ability to articulate the academic goals and ambitions of UF, with respect to philanthropic support.
Director of Development - Public Health and Health Professions
UF Title: DEVELOPMENT/ALUMNI AFF, DIR 4
Unit: Public Health and Health Professions
UF Position#: 00028087
UF Req#: 0903604
Posting: 08/01/2013 - 12/15/2013
The Director of Development, College of Public Health and Health Professions (PHHP) is responsible for implementation of a broad range of fundraising activities for the college, focused primarily on major gifts. Reporting dually to the Associate Vice President for Development-HSC and the Dean, the incumbent will serve as the chief fundraiser for the college. The incumbent is responsible for developing and executing the college's fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by the Dean and in alignment with the strategic initiatives of the University of Florida Office of Development and Alumni Affairs and UF Foundation, Inc. (ODAA/UFF). He or she will serve as a strategic partner with the college and ODAA/UFF ensuring conformity with the central fundraising efforts and the overall university development and alumni programs and goals and in promoting a culture of philanthropy by broadening constituents' understanding of the value of giving. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience. Preferred qualifications: The ideal candidate will possess three to five years of fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience. Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards. Expertise in developing solicitation strategies. The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers. Competency in problem solving. Excellent oral/ written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills that are essential for success in this position. Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, WWW browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.
· The ability and willingness to travel. A valid driver license and good driving record are essential.*
Associate Vice President - Advancement Services
UF Title: DEVEL/ALUMN AFF ASO VICE PRES 6
Unit: Advancement Services
UF Position#: 00028416
UF Req#: 0904353
Posting: Until Filled
The Associate Vice President (AVP) for Advancement Services serves as a senior management professional with responsibilities for the business and financial services and operational support of the Office of development & Alumni Affairs. They provide leadership, vision and strategic planning for all advancement services functions. This includes oversight of -- and management responsibility for -- a $4M budget and about 50 full-time employees in Finance and Accounting, Disbursements, Gift Processing, Database Management and Reporting (Development Information Systems), Biographical Services, Prospect Management, Research and Analysis, Business Process Management, and Technology Services. The AVP will have administrative oversight in conjunction with the VP for Development & Alumni Affairs for business operations to achieve sustainable success. This is an executive level position, exercising independent judgment and discretion. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and seven years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and nine years of appropriate experience.
A valid driver license is required. Preferred qualifications: · 8+ years of broad operations management experience and demonstrated success with institutional administration, finance or operations.
· 5+ years of executive level experience and proven leadership.
· A thorough working knowledge of fundraising operations, finance, accounting, business processes and information technology.
· Strong technical, administrative, financial and supervisory experience is required. · Experience managing data management systems.
· Superior strategic, operational and financial skills.
· Solid understanding of the advantages and drawbacks of traditional and emerging technology in development and alumni relations.
· Experience working in a complex environment.
· Record of creative and entrepreneurial management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and professional presence with a demonstrated ability/ to work well with people.
· Strong communications ability, success in providing consultative thought leadership.
· The ability and willingness to travel.