Associate Vice President of Development, Athletics - Development - Central
UF Title: DEVEL/ALUMN AFF ASO VICE PRES6
Unit: Development - Central
UF Position#: 00029069
UF Req#: 0906160
Posting: 07/18/2014 - 07/25/2014
Serving as a member of the Development and Alumni Affairs leadership team, the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Development, Athletics will report directly to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs. The incumbent will also report indirectly to the Athletics Director. In this role the incumbent will assume broad authority and strategic oversight to manage the Athletics portion of the university's next comprehensive fundraising campaign; he or she will also manage a portfolio of leadership and principal gift prospects where gifts are assessed at $1M and above; he or she will additionally be responsible for managing central Development/Campaign Special Initiatives that drive university fundraising priorities. · Manage portfolio of leadership and principal gift prospects/donors for athletics with a focus on gifts assessed at $1M+. He or she will maintain a rigorous personal fundraising agenda and strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits to bring major, leadership and principal gift solicitations to closure.
· Responsible for articulating and communicating athletic priorities within the context of the overall mission, vision, priorities and goals.
· Build and nurture effective working relationships with alumni, parents, friends, volunteers and staff.
· In conjunction with the Executive Director, Gator Boosters, work with coaches to identify, cultivate and solicit alumni and friends.
· In conjunction with the Executive Director, Gator Boosters, coordinate and assist in setting goals and overall vision, as it relates to Athletics private gift priorities.
· Serve as a chief advisor to the Vice President of Development & Alumni Affairs (VP) and Athletics Director in the development of fund raising strategies and operational plans to increase philanthropy and engage constituents. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and seven years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and nine years of appropriate experience.
A valid driver's license is required. Preferred qualifications: · Eight to ten years progressive development experience with demonstrated success soliciting and closing gifts at $1 million and above in institution of higher education.
· Demonstrated experience organizing, supervising and delegating duties and responsibilities.
· Demonstrated knowledge and compliance with rules, regulations, and policies of NCAA and athletic conferences of which UF is a member, and proactive education/ follow-up to ensure that donors also know and comply with same rules, regulations and policies. · Success within the development/advancement function at the NCAA Division 1 level, including interacting with head coaches and top administrators. · Demonstrated leadership skills in advancement at a large scale university. · Superior strategic skills with a strong grasp of industry best practices and a holistic understanding of all aspects of athletic development and campaign management.
Director of Development - Medicine
UF Title: DEVELOPMENT/ALUMNI AFF, CRD 4
UF Position#: 00022378
UF Req#: 0906098
Posting: 07/10/2014 - 08/08/2014
The incumbent serves as Director of Development, College of Medicine and is responsible for assisting the Executive Director of Development, College of Medicine in building the College's development program. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of a broad range of support programs for the University Of Florida College Of Medicine focused primarily on acquiring major gifts at the $100,000 to 5,000,000 levels. The incumbent in this position will serve as a major gift fundraiser for the College of Medicine. As such, he/she is responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and the stewardship of the College's major gift prospects for those interested in supporting the Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine and UF Health. This position requires extensive travel by automobile; maintaining an acceptable driving record that meets insurance requirements and an active Florida driver's license must be maintained in order to meet this function. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience. Preferred qualifications: ·2 - 5 years of major gift fundraising experience. ·Prior experience in a college or university setting. ·Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards. ·Expertise in developing solicitation strategies. ·The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers. ·The ability to handle multiple priorities and work pressure, and understand the needs of multiple constituents is also needed. ·Ability to work collaboratively and a team player. ·Competency in problem solving
·Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service oriented attitude are essential for success in this position.
·Excellent oral/ written communications and interpersonal skills; effective time management and organizational skills that are essential for success in this position. ·The ability and willingness to travel.
Director of Development - Veterinary Medicine
UF Title: DEVELOPMENT/ALUMNI AFF, CRD 4
Unit: Veterinary Medicine
UF Position#: 00028956
UF Req#: 0905853
Posting: 06/10/2014 - 08/06/2014
The Director of Development will lead The Career Access Scholarship Program for the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM). Reporting directly to the Dean of the College and in collaboration with the Senior Director of Development, the incumbent is responsible for developing and executing the CVM scholarship fundraising program by growing the endowment base to fulfill the financial needs as identified by the Dean and in alignment with the strategic initiatives of Development and Alumni Affairs (ODAA). He or she will serve as a strategic partner with the College and ODAA ensuring conformity with the central fundraising efforts and the overall university development and alumni programs and goals and in promoting a culture of philanthropy by broadening constituents' understanding of the value of giving. · Lead and execute the major gift program as related to the CVM Career Access Scholarship Program, effectively building a portfolio of donor opportunities and a pipeline of prospects to ensure future success of the fundraising program. · Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan for the CVM Career Access Scholarship Program to inform alumni and identified markets about the mission, vision, and values of the College, its funding priorities, and scholarship opportunities. · Serve as an advisor to the Dean and the faculty of the college on fundraising and alumni programs as related to the CVM Career Access Scholarship Program. · Creates a structured process for the identification, recruitment, evaluation, recognition, and replacement of volunteers to strengthen fundraising effectiveness related to the CVM Career Access Scholarship Program. · Works with development team to manage the office effectively. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience. Preferred qualifications: · Six to eight years fundraising experience that includes three to five years of major gift fundraising experience with documented success in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $100,000 and above from individual and corporate prospects with campaign experience.
· Prior experience in a college or university setting, enthusiasm for fundraising in a comprehensive research university, and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization. · Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
· Expertise in developing solicitation strategies.
· The ability to work strategically, develop and implement constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers. · Ability to work collaboratively and a team player. · The ability and willingness to travel.
Senior Director of Creative Services - Communications
UF Title: INFO/PUB SVCS, DIR 5
UF Position#: 00029041
UF Req#: 0906165
Posting: 07/18/2014 - 08/01/2014
The Senior Director of Creative Services is responsible for the leadership and supervision of the creative design team in communications at the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs (ODAA). Reporting to the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Strategic Communications & Marketing. · Oversees all projects undertaken by the creative services team from concept to completion, including print and digital design and production, graphic design, multimedia presentations and special projects. · Works closely with AVP and his/her direct reports to advise clients in projects and strategies, branding, and best practices. · Coordinates the development of communications and marketing materials in a variety of media. · Serves as lead designer on major and priority projects, and provides guidance to designers for all others. · Directly supervises and manages high-performing team of professional designers and multimedia specialists. · Leads, challenges and inspires team with effective brainstorming sessions, concept development, and creative presentations. · Oversees department's budget in coordination with the AVP. Ensures agreed-upon deliverables and costs are tracked and delivered on schedule, as appropriate. · Utilizes data/metrics collected from key channels (e.g., advertising, web communications, publications, campus communications, social media, etc.) to inform the effectiveness of specific efforts and enable strategic adjustments based on results. · Responsible for managing quality control for all communications and marketing deliverables, in partnership with the AVP. · Formulates the strategic plan, developing and implementing unit goals, objectives, and systems, in partnership with the AVP. Minimum Requirements: Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience.
A valid driver's license is required. Preferred qualifications: · Proven success in managing multiple projects, meeting deadlines, adapting quickly to changing priorities, while maintaining great attention to detail and accuracy.